I hope I didn’t tear this thing up.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dale.Z

Hearth Supporter
Mar 14, 2009
East TN
Don’t have a stove top thermometer yet but it’s on the got to have list according to everyone here so next week I will go into town and get one. What I don’t understand is if they are so important why the manufacture doesn’t include one? These stoves are not CHEAP!

Anyways new Summit insert owner and today I burned my first full load of wood. Amazing how powerful it is. Started out with a small fire and once it was established I loaded it full. Not sure how long I left the dampener open but I know I did not turn it down until the firebox was full of flames. A few hours later the fire was retreating but I had some really hot coals. I watched the fire pretty intensely for I was fascinated by the secondary burn, I saw no red hot metal in the firebox but after the cycle was completed I noticed a metal plate that is installed in the very front of the firebox just behind the door. This metal plate actually warped! Now I am worried that I over fired the appliance. Has anyone else’s Summit done the same thing? I hope I didn’t tear this thing up.

It is a known design screw up. Contact your dealer and tell him that PE has a replacement part available. The one you have is too wide and buckles when heated. The replacement has room for expansion before it contacts the sides.

Thank You So Much You Just Made My Night!

Status
Not open for further replies.