I just couldn`t pass it up!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RedRanger

Nov 19, 2007
British Columbia
Earlier this spring I bought my usual 4 cords from my local steady supplier for $180 a cord, and another from a newbie selling for 160 a cord. So now have a total of 8 cords in the sheds and another 5 stacked outside in long rows and on pallets. Well, lo and behold along comes another newbie thinking that selling firewood is easy money. And this one at $150 a cord (csd). Now I just had to phone and order another cord of fir. Because of course once these guys finally figure out it is a lot of work for such a low price- they will either increase their price or give up the business, the majority of them take the latter action.

My thinking is that if somone is dumb enough to sell it for that price then I am gonna be smart enough to buy it. Of course if I keep this up, my property will soon be looking like a "dryland sort".. :lol:

A friend of mine says he has a line on about 6-8 cords of oak and wanted to know if I was interested. I already have about 4 cords in varying stages of splitness. I hesitated a second and decided I probably don't need the driveway all that much anyway. We'll see what shows up...

Chris

Redox said:
A friend of mine says he has a line on about 6-8 cords of oak and wanted to know if I was interested. I already have about 4 cords in varying stages of splitness. I hesitated a second and decided I probably don't need the driveway all that much anyway. We'll see what shows up...

Chris

I would somehow find a way to grab it. Interesting stories coming out of the eastern US about firewood suppliers not being able to keep up with demand. What about storing some of it at a friends place? Just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.