I just had two cords of green wood delivered today and now it is getting covered with snow.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Steveo

Jun 6, 2008
Maine
I figured I would start stocking up on wood for next year so I had two cords of green wood delivered today fot $170 per cord. We are getting some snow right now that is accumulating and covering my new wood. I am hoping this snow will melt quick so I can get my wood stacked before the real snow comes.

Attachments

• 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 461
I think it'll melt tomorrow by the looks of the weather forecast. I split about 2 cords this morning and it has about the same amount of snow on it as yours does.

Steveo said:
I figured I would start stocking up on wood for next year so I had two cords of green wood delivered today fot $170 per cord. We are getting some snow right now that is accumulating and covering my new wood. I am hoping this snow will melt quick so I can get my wood stacked before the real snow comes.

Are you telling me that that dusting of snow is keeping you from stacking that wood?

Steveo said:

Doesn't it usually snow in December there? :) :)

Bigg_Redd said:
Steveo said:

Are you telling me that that dusting of snow is keeping you from stacking that wood?

I was going to say the same thing, we had a little more snow that that a couple days ago and I went and loaded and split a trailer of wood. just wear a sweatshirt a hat and some good gloves and you will be fine.

Bigg_Redd said:
Steveo said:

Dang Redd, you're scaring me. I was going to say the exact same thing.

wendell said:
Bigg_Redd said:
Steveo said:

I've got the same dusting up here and finally decided that I should probably cover my pile for the year before the real snow comes.

ikessky said:
wendell said:
Bigg_Redd said:
Steveo said:

I've got the same dusting up here and finally decided that I should probably cover my pile for the year before the real snow comes.

Dang, I've had snow for a month, I was splitting & stacking today. :)

Don't let a little snow stop you!
IMG_7870.jpg

Steveo, get that stuff stacked as it looks to be a snowy week coming.

Yes we get snow in December and usually earlier but we have been spoiled lately. It was 70 degrees out last week. The pile has quite a bit of snow on it now and no that will not stop me from stacking it lol.

i know we don't get any worse winters than other parts of the country, but it's been a long bunch of winters we've had in the past few years. Between me and the diminishing deer herd, we need a break. I'm hoping for no big amount of snow until late jan/1st of Feb. I drive for a living, and no amount of snow or weather will let me change my schedule. The only thing that'll let me off on driving is if state closes the roads down. And if that happens(which is hardly ever) I'm usually roadside trying to talk the law into letting me pass. Sometimes they do, or they just go grab a cup of coffee, and poof, I'm gone.
It's been really nice this last few weeks, haven't had to snowblow this year yet. But, I got my 9footer ready to go when it does. AND I blame a big portion of our snow on you guys that live by the Great Lakes, you just can't keep it to yourselves, you have to share!

Status
Not open for further replies.