I knew that EcoSmart bulb seemed a little warm....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for posting. I think we may have some of those.

Thanks for the info. I think everything electric is a finite fire hazard.

Last month when I came home from work there were 4 fire trucks in front of my house (and 2 firecars and a police cruiser). An old 25W CFL had decided to 'meltdown' and smoked out the house, and the wife opted to get the kids out quick and call the pros (rather than hunt around for the source). Nice guys and gals.

I returned my EcoSmart bulb back to HD because I didn't like the color of the light. I still thought that, for something with low watt consumption, it got pretty darn hot-much more so than a cfl, and approaching an equal watt incandescent.

Typical, I finally find a bulb that meets my needs, and now its recalled. I really liked those bulbs, I hope mine aren't in the date range affected.

TE

Status
Not open for further replies.