I know I wanted snow...but 72 hours straight..and counting?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Swedishchef

Minister of Fire
Jan 17, 2010
Inuvik, Northwest Territories
So, it started snowing on Saturday AM. It has not stopped yet. Not one minute. We have received about 60cm of feathers, about 30 cm in reality. BIG snowflakes that are UBER fluffy.

Either way, I have cleaned my yard 4 times in 4 days.

Thanks Mother Nature, we have enough for the rest of winter now.

Anyone else been having this weather?

Andrew

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
Better you than I. We are having a relatively dry December this year.

Well, at least it is now officially winter.

You're telling me Dennis.

We went sliding today: I had snow to my hips! Good thing I packed a trails, etc before the snowmobiles got there to help out. I have never seen so much fluff!! However, it is always nice for a clean/white snow at Christmas time.

Andrew

You're telling me Dennis.

We went sliding today: I had snow to my hips! Good thing I packed a trails, etc before the snowmobiles got there to help out. I have never seen so much fluff!! However, it is always nice for a clean/white snow at Christmas time.

Andrew

! love Quebec in the winter. We used to head up for Pres. day weekend, bypass Vermont, (no snow), lunch in Montreal and head up the south shore to Quebec City, Ski Mount Saint Anne, and head up to La Massif Sur for telemark paradise. I need the Chic Chocs!

When you get 5' in 72 hours ,,,,,I'll feel you pain !

hope you didn't get flooded out when it all just melted.

We just had enough to coat the grass overnight/this am. Probably just enough for Santa's sleigh.

When you get 5' in 72 hours ,,,,,I'll feel you pain !

60cm is more like 2 feet, but it still allota snow.

I'm jealous, we had a foot last week and were set for a white Christmas, then 2 days of rain washed it away :(

Ehouse: come on up....I live in the chic chocs! Well, 40 minutes away.....
Mt ste Anne is a damn nice hill as is the Massif. Nice countryside.
A

Just took a visual tour via the net. I remember the guides with their Sports in the bow of their long canoes each with a 19hp Johnson kicker, fishing the Matapedia! What a rush! I'll get back, someday......

Reactions: Swedishchef
Let me know if/when ya do! I can hook you up with some sweet hidden gems.

That'd be great! We've been thinking about a trip To Quebec City with our 9 year old for her first international adventure. A jaunt to the Gaspe' would be icing on the cake!

hope you didn't get flooded out when it all just melted.

We just had enough to coat the grass overnight/this am. Probably just enough for Santa's sleigh.
We've had 3 small blasts that have all melted off before the next . Most we've had on the ground at one time this year was 2'.
Might have 4" now. Been a pretty tame start to winter so far.

I shoveled my roof today. My house faces the North and every storm brings North-West or North-East winds. I had 12 inches in the front and 3 feet in the back. I know the weight is not an issue now but 1 inch of rain and all that snow would make for some serious creeks and cracks. "Honey, our bedroom doors won't close anymore......"

Status
Not open for further replies.