I know what I am doing this weekend!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mudbug250

Burning Hunk
Dec 17, 2011
Central Mississippi
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361941732.449865.jpg

Looks like I can stretch a day of splitting and stacking out if these piles.

Looks like the weather is going to cooperate. High of 45 and low of 27. Sunny! Finally.

Finally got in and got all the kids asleep so I could unload the latest load. Been going since 5 this morning.

That was a long day!...unloading is the easy part of the job!

HOLY CRAP!!

It was not my typical day. I am volunteering to run sound for a big Easter production in our area and last night was final walk through. But loading an unloading wood, loading and unloading sound equipment, plus working a 8 hour day work day, and 5 hour rehearsal. And an hour drive to and from work. Needless to say my tail end is dragging today.

Nice work...you can rest and take it easy in the middle of next winter when you are sitting pretty (and warm) in front of your fire knowing you are ahead on the wood front. ;)

Yes it is nice looking at those stacks and knowing I am so far ahead. Although, I might not be as far ahead as I think I am. I am the mother in laws firewood supplier now. I spoiled her this year with real seasoned wood. But I have access to their hundreds of acres of hardwood bottoms. On another note, my aunt just texted and said a tree service just pruned a few big limbs and took down a tree at her place today and I can get what I want.

Reactions: Blue2ndaries
On another note, my aunt just texted and said a tree service just pruned a few big limbs and took down a tree at her place today and I can get what I want.

No rest for the weary! :)

Nice 24" diameter white oak at the aunt's house. Already bucked up in longer pieces. So wont be to hard to get.

So splitting will be put off until after I get that. Hopefully splitting by Saturday afternoon.

Reactions: Blue2ndaries
Well somebody is busy!! I also hope to do some splitting this weekend, What a great activity out in the fresh air. Cheers and have fun.

My aunt said there is already somebody trying to get in on her wood that is down. There is a couple down the road that have an outdoor wood boiler, and they are out of wood and looking for some to burn this year. I saw his "stacks" in the fall and thought to myself, he does not have enough.

I might leave them some if the bigger limbs. We kind of shared a scrounge last spring, but I came out of the deal better with over a cord of pecan and 2 cords of pin oak.

Status
Not open for further replies.