I little to close for comfort...........

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

andy420

Feb 10, 2008
Minnesota hick
My double wall chimney is 8" away from a rock wall. I plan on getting a Isle Royle stove and am wondering if I should put it straight under the chimney or go out the back and put in a elbow? I know straight is better but I wouldn't mind keeping the stove a bit farther from the wall. Any thoughts?

Andy<----- Minnesota boy that loves burning wood

VC Acclaim
Stihl
Toyota PU

What's behind the rock wall? Any combustibles? Check out the stove manual for clearances. Heat shields reduce clearances also.

Behind the rock is a cement board then 3/4" airspace then sheetrock. I know it's closer by 3 or 4 inches than the stove info suggests but **** happens.

Don't violate the stoves listed clearances. If you have to go up and offset back wth 45's its not big deal. There are plenty of people who install thier stoves at the min listed wall clearances who post here and say thier wall is getting really hot. I can't even imagine if it was brought in another 4".

Status
Not open for further replies.