I looked but still need help with "Anouther Heating From the Basement Question."

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thomask9590

Jun 9, 2008
Portland, ME
O.K. gang I know this forum is full of heating from the basement questions. But I didn’t find a scenario like mine to compare with. I have attached a sketch of my layout and I hope it is legible. I have a 1200ft2 home that is 100+ years old with a walk out basement. Poor to zero insulation in some areas. The basement has a very nice propane heater in the walk out section (that would be the white box in the sketch) It heats the basement well enough to keep pipes from getting too cold. I also have a propane vent less fireplace in the first floor dining room.(that is the other white box in my sketch.) My question is should I heat from the basement or should I heat from the first floor kitchen. I just purchased a Napoleon 1400PL stove that pumps 70,000 BTU per hour. Is this thing going to blow me out of the kitchen? In the sketch I try to display that the stove would be located quite a ways from the basement stair well. Also, the walkout basement section is made of Stone and brick with two wood windows down there. Anyway, let me know what you think.

Attachments

• Stove Loc.GIF
    Stove Loc.GIF
    10.4 KB · Views: 214
OOPS! Looks like the propane heater locations did'nt come out. I think I explained them pretty well anyway. Fire off the questions I will try to stay current.

Status
Not open for further replies.