I love fall fishing

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jags

Moderate Moderator
Staff member
Aug 2, 2006
Northern IL
Spent a few days ooop nort in WI. Helping a buddy close down his cabin for the winter. Of course we got a bunch of fishing in. Not much in the way of pics of the lake - for the most part it was 4 days of drool and drizzle. The crappie fishing was doing well. I loves me some crappie boiled in oil. We didn't have any trophies, just good eaters. 9-10-11" was the norm. Basically limited out each day. The pic of the freezer had 4 more bags added before we were all done. Yummy...gonna pickle some (never done it to crappie, but have had some and it was great).

crappie2.jpgcrappie1.jpgcrappie3.jpg

you know what they say....few things beat a great day of crappie fishing, no wait, crappie day fishing, no, er..Go crappie or go home...I like that one, lets go with that for now.

Looks like the new crappie call is working for ya sir, nice job.

Reactions: Defiant
I smoke fish on occasion, but I have never done crappie. Methinks the relatively thin fillets might get dried out before you can get them smoked up. Dunno for sure.

Last one I did was about a 10 pound carp (yes carp). Quite tasty. Large white flaky meat. Smoking is perfect for such a fish because it allows the meat to release from the bones for easy picking.

Nice catch crappie is a tasty fish.

I woke up with her one morning. And that's all I'm gonna say about that. !!!

Diego Garcia will make you crazy like that.;lol

Status
Not open for further replies.