I love my stove.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

njtomatoguy

Feeling the Heat
Jun 20, 2006
Maple Shade, NJ
Maple Shade, NJ (08052) Weather

Updated: Jan 31, 2010, 11:05am EST
Right Now

Sunny
21° F
Feels Like: 12° F
Wind: From NW at 7mph
Details | Webcam
Weather Details
Humidity: 32%
Dew Point: 0° F
Pressure: 30.17 in Steady Pressure
Visibility: 10.0 mi
UV Index: 2 - Low
Past 24-hr Precip: 0.13 in (est.)
Past 24-hr Snowfall: 3.2 in (est.)
Sunrise: 7:09 am
Sunset: 5:18 p

And my house is 74 degrees. Last months TOTAL electric and gas usage? $73.68
YEA BABY!!!!!!!

we used to heat this room with electric so thought the electric bill would be much less with the woodstove being the only heat in this room and house is heated by oil. WELL, the usage of electric went down by 50% but the cost went up because electric went up so it would have been much more of a bill but still disappointed. We keep the house at much lower since we are in the den most of the time so we did use less oil. If you count the cost of wood and fire starter we are about even but now we will save for the rest of the winter. I still have to pay off the cost of installation of the stove which was not cheap but done right.

I love my stove cuz it saves me BIG BUCKS on oil and GAS . My coal stoker saved me about $20,000 on oil in the 8 years iv had it ,and my harman wood stove saves me at least $1000 a year heating homes under renovation which is what i do for a living, plus i get rid of all my wood scraps.
My stoker paid for itself in 1 year and the wood stove 2 Years.

Status
Not open for further replies.