I love my wife. She works for a tree service.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

doug60

Apr 30, 2008
north jersey
You guys are really going to hate me now.
I have an Equinox on lay away.
I just received my second wood delivery.
The first one is already stacked.
The second was dumped yesterday , next to the stack.
Yes, thats two bears doing it next to whats left of last years stack . LOL

http://picasaweb.google.com/dquicksix/WoodPile1?authkey=gM-1UsNN3y0

Make sure you check that wood that the bears were next to for an contamination! If not you might go to burn that this winter, and then your house might smell like ............... well ........... you know! :lol:

Is that coincidence that it says "report inappropriate content" underneath the pic of the bears? :wow: Guess that wood was from trees that didn't have any leaves. They must have been bear trees. :cheese:

WHOA!!....glad I just have to deal with bugs and snakes.....that takes things to a differnt level. Hey...at least they ain't brown bears......yeesh.

Just curious...what do you say to a bear at your woodpile when you want to work at the woodpile and does he listen???. I think what you need to do now is introduce a pack of wolves to keep the bears away.....

not sure what I was looking at but it looked like two rugs shagging. :)

[Like grandpappy always used to say to me "you don't ever want to take an Ollie to a bear fight" :) I keed. Does Ollie give you a pretty good heads up when a bear is roaming around?. He doesn't scuffle with em' does he??[/quote]

About a month ago, I got up at 5 and let the dog out.
There was a bear in the neighbors garbage. As soon as I opened the door ,he bolted to the property line.
As soon as I walked out , he took it to the next step.
He annoyed the Bear until it went two doors down.
Ollie woke up the whole neighborhood.
I was a nervous wreck, I called the Police , And prayed my pup would come back in one piece.

I apologized to the neighbors for all the noise at 5AM . They said hey, he's doing his job.
Yea , he really does look out for us.

The people on the place next to me have a dog that has jumped me twice. Both times when I was on a walk in the woods with my maul handle walking stick and steel toed Matterhorns. He got the crap kicked out of him both times. I have offered to provide the same service to his owner.

Could I borrow one of your bears for a couple of days?

BrotherBart said:
The people on the place next to me have a dog that has jumped me twice. Both times when I was on a walk in the woods with my maul handle walking stick and steel toed Matterhorns. He got the crap kicked out of him both times. I have offered to provide the same service to his owner.

Could I borrow one of your bears for a couple of days?

Sounds like borrowing Ollie for a couple of days might be a better bet than one of those bears that Ollie chases away. Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.