I Love My Wife

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ValentineHill

Sep 8, 2011
Seacoast, New Hampshire
I just got off the phone with my wife, who called to tell me that she had just made friends with the guys across the street cutting down some trees on a foreclosed house. In exchange for two minutes of conversation, she got two full apple trees, cut and bucked to stove-length rounds, stacked at the end of our driveway, plus another willow tree (not exactly the best, but surprisingly good for these shoulder-season fires) that had been standing dead for years (i.e. -- dry).

In two minutes, she's had a better haul than I've had in all of 2012! Who's the smart one in this relationship?

ValentineHill, that is great news. Best give her something special for that find! As far as who is the smart one, why not equal?

That woman really knows what her man wants.

Reactions: woodsmaster
Get a good healthy scrounging competition going and the neighbors will have cease and desist orders on the mountains of firewood obscuring the view of your house from the street in no time.

Some times it's just plain good to take advantage of being in the right place at the right time.
I hope she at least got a attagurl.

I love my wife for different reasons.
But whatever works for you two!
;-)

Reactions: DexterDay
I love my wife too,this fall she scrounged all the wood seen in the background,free for the taking,she asked the landowner and he said ya all go for it. Now the next step is moving to southwest Virginia.

Wood??

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.jpg

Finding it is the easy part....Moving it is an art form!

Reactions: ScotO
Jags, mine knows where I process AND stack the wood. She just doesn't give a good rats....uh, patootie. Until she's chilly.
That's when she appreciates it, I think.

my wife gets mad every time I go out and do another tree job (aka every DAM weekend!), but she does appreciate it when it's cold and windy out and our house never goes below 74 from late October til early May!! Oh and then there is the lack of a heat bill.....she LOVES that!

my wife gets mad every time I go out and do another tree job (aka every DAM weekend!), but she does appreciate it when it's cold and windy out and our house never goes below 74 from late October til early May!! Oh and then there is the lack of a heat bill.....she LOVES that!

My wife was gets a little upset at times when I am working on firewood but she does like the heat. I try to be a little mindful and my body needs a break from time to time. Just remember everyone "Happy wife happy life"

Reactions: ScotO
Yeah we also know the saying "if mum ain't happy, NOBODY'S HAPPY!"...

I've got a half cord stored up so far (more to come!). Whenever I talk about getting more, my wife asks: "haven't we got enough?" I love her anyway. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.