I LOVE Room Temp Mode.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

F4jock

Minister of Fire
Nov 12, 2014
Red Rock, PA
It's 42 here this morning. When I got up at 0530 I fueled the Harman. Took about half of a bag. House at 70f. By the time my bride opened her baby blues and I made her a Latte the stove was in shutdown mode. It's cool now. Scraped the pot, opened the igniter hatch and let some ash drop. Total time: about a minute. Ten days since the last major cleaning and no sign that it needs one. Hooray for Lignetics! Saving pellets, house temp still 70f. Took a while to find the perfect place for the room sensor but it paid dividends. Not too hot. Not too cold. Working on my second coffee. Dog asleep at my feet, cat on my lap. Love my Harman. Life is good!

Last edited:
The cats like to sleep on top of the stove here. Favorite perch. 31 here. was 55 yesterday.

One thing about any solid fuel appliance is you'll get temperature swings no matter what you do. Has to do with the fact that with solid fuel, ramping up and down causes temperature swings, no getting around that.

Best thing I did was setting up the central furnace on blower only mode with a timer to energize the blower (no burner) at specific intervals (in my case 5 minutes in every 15 minute segments) to equalize the temperature throughout the house so one romm isn't appreciably warmer than another. My main cold air return is in the same room as the appliance is so it works well and an added benefit is the furnace filter pulls out the dust and (cat hair) thats airborne (and the filter collects a gob). It gets changed monthly with a spritz of lemon scented Pledge for that good smell.....

The cats like to sleep on top of the stove here. Favorite perch.

No cats would be sleeping on top of my Harman pellet stove. Top gets way too hot. One added benefit of my stove is the radiant heat that it throws even when it is only in maintenance burn.

You got that right on the room temp mode - it is great that it goes thru so little pellets when it isn't too cold out (or when the wind isn't whistling), but can ramp up big time when it is -3 and the wind howling.

Now all I need is a bit of courage to pull the back off the St. Croix to set up the wires for the thermostat and I wouldn't be dithering each morning whether I should shut that off, or leave it on low (shut if off today, supposed to be in the 50's and sunny - which will help heat up the upstairs). The Harman is just a taking care of itself :)

Yep, Room temp is nice. Don't have to mess with it. It was 68 here yesterday and 41 today. Constant temp inside though.

Status
Not open for further replies.