I love soapstone

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rdrcr56

Sep 8, 2006
After the P.E. motley crew thread, I have to brag on the Hearthstone homestead awhile. So far this winter it has been on again off again on cold temperatures, but yesterday it was cold and snowing all day with temp's in the teen's and low 20's. I threw a couple split's of the dreaded pine on at 5:00 am, left for work with a house temp. at 78 and got home at 5:00 pm to a house at 67. Just gotta love soapstone! There was not enough coal's to re-start though, so built another fire for the evening, loaded it up for the overnight at 8:30 with white oak, at 6:00 this morning it was 67 in the house with an outside temp of 4 deg. and plenty of coals to re-start, I love my homestead.

Sounds like a perfect fit. How large a space is this again?

A 1000 sq. ft. ranch, if it's 78 in the stove room it will be about 71-73 deg. in the back bedroom.

Status
Not open for further replies.