I Love The Hampton HI300

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

velvetfoot

Minister of Fire
Dec 5, 2005
Sand Lake, NY
Really, so far so good in these last couple of weeks where it's been mostly in the 30's early in the day. Very controllable, long burns. Though time will tell, I love it already.

velvetfoot, I really love my little Hampton H200 and if I ever replace my old Buck insert, I think I will do the HI300 if it will fit.

Glad it is doing the job. It is a really classy looking insert.

Will do, as long as I can still say I love it! :)

Even though I have it down way low, what's left after the long burn is just fluffy ash. The glass does get hazy, however, and I've been wiping it down with a damp towel and drying with a dry towel. I'm sure in the winter it'd be different. It's new and it's nice to see the flames. It almost seems to draft better than my previoius Quad 2700i. I wonder if the lack of an insulating mat on top of the baffle (it uses thick lightweight solid baffle) enables the gases to flow better...whatever. Hey, my house is 2000 ft2 too. I've noticed that as well as keeping the downstairs warmer, the upstairs also gets warmer, with a nice circulation in the open stairway--the ceiling fan at the top of the stairs is currently looking like a waste of money since in whatever direction if blows, it'll disrupt the circular flow. A small fan on the floor at the top of the stairs aiming down might be the key. Anyway, I digress.

Still loving it!

I have a great natural air flow out of the stove room. On one side, the kitchen with a ceiling fan and the other side is an open doorway that leads to a center hallway that leads upstairs. I have a natural cold air return pouring down the stairs from upstairs. Heat rises nicely on its own in my house. One thing I have at the top of the stairs on the second floor is a bathroom. The vent in the ceiling doesn't do a real good job of sealing off the room. I have to keep the bathroom door shut or I know I loose some heat into the attic which is a "no no". This is on the "to do" list when I have the roof done.

My bathroom fans upstairs are ducted to vents under the soffit (metal roof). Those vents have flaps as do the fans. They mostly have enough oomph to keep them open.

Just thought I'd reinterate that I love the HI300!
The upstairs is getting warmer, probably because the downstairs is warmer!
Long, controlable burns.
Still not the depth of winter, but all the signs are good!

Glad it is working out.

I will have to agree... I love mine as well... but the one thing I'm not crazy about is the fan setup. In order to have the "auto" switch to work, the fan setup needs to be pushed all the way in which makes the left side of the fan setup rest on the air control lever... Making the air control lever more difficult to operate and makes a rattle occasionally... Other than that, it's a great stove.

I just took a look and see what you mean. A tech guy from the stove shop was here the other day and replaced the snap switch because a couple of weeks ago when it was warmer, and I was around to witness it, it didn't shut off cleanly. He seemed to push the fan assembly all the way back in, and there is no rubbing on the lever-close, yes. Maybe there's some kind of adjustment you can make with the clips, or at least bend the snap disk support bracket a little so it makes good contact.

Status
Not open for further replies.