I love the smell of Oak in the morning

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hurricane

Minister of Fire
Feb 18, 2009
Central NJ
I had two trees taken down today and here is the wood. Two nice sized red oaks will keep me warm in a few years. I had to pay someone because they were both leaning over my house and risk was not worth the savings. I think they were between 60-70 ft tall.
He even cut them to size for me which was real nice saved me some work. $1100 for both with the stumps ground out too. I have another pile of the branch wood from 6 in and up, all the rest he chipped, he wanted more if he did not chip because he said it would take him longer.
and ooh that smell of fresh cut oak is warming the soul already.

I added one more pic for a size of the bottom slice of one of them. I think I am going to make a table for my kids tree house with that slice.

Attachments

• IM001027.jpg
    IM001027.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 401
  • IM001026.jpg
    IM001026.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 394
  • IM001025.jpg
    IM001025.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 395
Nice looking rounds there. I don't see a crotch in the bunch. What do you figure you got there, 2 maybe 2.5 cords?

That's gonna be some great firewood in a year or so if you split and stack it now...

Ray

Wow........ thats nice. I also paid to have a tree taken down recently. I hate to pay...... but i know when its better to pay a properly equipped (and insured) professional.

I was thinking it is right around 2 - 2 1/2 cords also.

I will start splitting it this weekend and hope to get it done if possible.

f3cbboy said:
nice piles. did u get a reduced price because the guy took some of the warmth with him when he cut it up???

f3cbboy No discount because he left the chips, I like using them around the yard in the trails in the woods and all. And sorry about the other thread, I was trying to figure it out when you posted.

Actually $1100 doesn't sound that bad for what all the man did for you. That is better than the going rate in most places.

Looks like my pile of Willow Oak. I had a tree company drop it off. I had to cut it to length, but I aint complainin....That'll feel toasty in 3 years....

does.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.