I"m Clueless & Need Help Buying Wood Stove!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mt Ski Bum said:
Woody Stover said:
Let's not even mention the Yellowstone super-volcano... :bug:

hey! I live like 40 miles from that thing! :lol:
I think that means I'm in the instant-kill zone... :gulp:
I call dibs on his stove! :lol:

snowtime said:
A prepper is someone who prepares for emergencies such as Hurricanes, flood or just a layoff etc. A beginner might have 3 days worth of food in their house an experienced prepper is usually trying to make their home self sufficient for a period of time usually around a year.
Preppers know that emergencies happen and its good to be ready. Sometimes it allows you to help someone in need.
Prepping is fun and empowers one. It means you have discovered the possible dangers in your area and are trying to get to the point that you feel confident you can outlast the incident. Power outages would not effect us as we are off grid but what if someone looses power for weeks. Would be nice to have a plan.

OK thanks - I didn't know we had a special name for that, guess I figured it was just common sense. Actually, growing up my parents were teachers so my first thought was you all went to the same prep school!

So if you live in the sun belt are you a hot prepper, and if you're new are you a green prepper?

fm said:
my oh my how this thread has shifted focus.............i like it.....haha

Closing thread. OP has picked out and ordered the stove. Lisa*Ann start a new thread please for installation questions about the new stove. This one has played itself out.

Status
Not open for further replies.