I`m finished bitching about the cold spring.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RedRanger

Nov 19, 2007
British Columbia
Heat wave here in the PNW. broke records here on van. isle yesterday. hot and humid.

Wife and I went to Victoria today and bought all the annual bedding plants and when we got home-ha. too hot and humid to bother planting them. Not doing hanging baskets or planters today or this evening, just no energy left. I guess because it has been so cool or cold for so long that the sudden change to high temps and humidity just drains you.

Been a long time coming though, so ain`t about to ask for the crap weather back just yet :)

88 yesterday and 86 today.

90's here yesterday and today. Seems like only yesterday I was complaining about being tired of being cold. You're right, Sonny, too hot too quickly. At least we don't have to deal with humidity, it's nice and dry here. Interesting pattern...by tuesday or wednesday, we're s'posed to be seeing daytime highs in the upper 50's. Right now, that sounds real good to me. Maybe when it happens I'll be complaining about being cold again. :lol: Rick

Broke a record at Seatac - 90 degrees. Most are wilting, but I love it. Good to feel nice and warm in shorts.

Come on now, you should be use to those hot temps. I bet your house has been 90 degrees with that new insert pumping out the heat and you don't complain about that! :lol:

Over this way we finally had a couple days in the 70's! It's about time! Now we're looking at another cool down and highs in the 60's next week. This is looking like it's going to be the year with no summer so far.

Coldest spring in a long time in New England. Lots of rain and high temps in the 50's. Damp and low 40's at night. What that usually means is come Memorial Day weekend it immediately goes to 85* with 90% humidity! Gotta love New England.

I have really enjoyed the mild spring here in VA. Nice sweatshirt chill in the mornings and evenings (and good sleeping weather with the windows open), and nice shirt-sleeve weather during day without too much sweating. Seems more and more that we go straight from winter to summer (50's to 80's+), so I have really appreciated this spring with many, many days so far in the 60s and 70s. Plus we have gotten some much-needed rainfall but are still way behind in a 2+ year drought.

Got the stove going here. Looks like that heat wave is not going to move into our region. But, we aren't going to run out of firewood either.

Cool and wet here in southern Ohio. We've only had a couple of warm-to-hot days. Unusually cool this year.

Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.