I may try to buy this (Tell me what you know)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fsr4538

Jul 13, 2007
For sale I have a Henry Disston 2 man chain saw. It was mfg. in 1947. It features an HP11 Mercury engine. It comes with an owners manual. It has been stored in a shed for many years. The saw is complete. I do not believe you will have much trouble getting it back into good running order. Please call Chuck Fowler at (603) 267-8705 for more info or to arrange to see it. If I'm not home please leave a message and I'll get back to you. Thank you !

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

image 0 image 1

Attachments

• 2 man saw.jpg
    2 man saw.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 816
Well ...

For general topic area, you could DAGS on "disston chain saw" or,

for specifics on the saw DAGS on "disston kb7".

I know they work because as a kid I was the one holding the front handle for a tree trimmer. These had a Kiekaefer(Mercury) engine as mentioned that had a sticker that said they had jeweled bearings. Its going to be slow cutting as chain speed is everything. Chains are another matter, if the chain isn't real good I would pass on it. A used Ebay chain will almost certainly be over $100.00. These are best relegated to hanging from the ceiling in a man cave than used as a serious firewood saw, Randy

Thank you Randy.

It would likely interest me as a display piece. I would not anticipate using it. Thanks for the reply.

Regards,

Forrest

Agreed, it would be a good piece to restore cosmetically. But probably not feasible to restore mechanically.

Have that things cousin I am waiting to get the time to rebuild.

pen

I don't know much, but I know I've wanted a 2-man Diston for quite a while. That doesn't mean much, though, cause I want every saw I see. Forget just looking at it. You gotta use it at least once to say you did it.

I was at a GTG a few yrs back and a guy brought one in his Grandpa had bought new. Worked as new too. He set it on a 30"+ dia. round. After it started in he was able to just let go and let it do its thing under its own weight. I ate my lunch while watching and waiting for it too finish. Quite nostalgia I gotta say, and thats about all one can say.

They're cool nostalgia pieces IMO. Get it running use it once to say you did, & hang it on the wall. Really neat sounding old motors too. A C

Status
Not open for further replies.