I miss my tire!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

STIHLY DAN

Minister of Fire
Jan 15, 2013
So NH
Did a good bit of splitting this weekend, problem is my splitting block with tire is buried under the snow full of solid ice. My spare 20 inch tire is lost in the snow somewhere. My back is killing me from all the extra bending over. The wood was difficult to split so it fell of the block even more. Man a tire is a back saver.

Relax and have a beer.

I've been using my little electric splitter. It got kind of cold just sitting there. That is the one thing I've bought that I've gotten way more out of it than the price I paid for it. But it saves my back for other distasteful chores.

Did a good bit of splitting this weekend, problem is my splitting block with tire is buried under the snow full of solid ice. My spare 20 inch tire is lost in the snow somewhere. My back is killing me from all the extra bending over. The wood was difficult to split so it fell of the block even more. Man a tire is a back saver.
Wow, you really sound like you are "TIRED". :p;lol

--------------------
This spring will be my first year testing out the tire method. I'm curious.

Was there a reason to sit the log on a block? Just sit it upright on the ground and no lifting that way. If one tips over you can stand it back up with the axe.

Was there a reason to sit the log on a block? Just sit it upright on the ground and no lifting that way. If one tips over you can stand it back up with the axe.

Yes to low, That also hurts my back. Had back surgery many years ago, it's as strong as an ox but certain bend positions and jumping are its kryptonite.

From what I've read on another forum Stihly has gone Husqvarna lately. I've had both too and both are good saws. Lately I've been lugging a 390XP and I'd like to have a 55cc or so saw again also. No money for one now though.

Status
Not open for further replies.