i must have been a good boy....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

krex1010

Minister of Fire
Jan 3, 2010
southeast pa
because look what the wood fairy dropped off! and he said he has at least one more load for me. once this is split and stacked ill be about done for next winter.

Attachments

• securedownload.jpg
    securedownload.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 332
Locust? Can you send this fairy over to my house?

weatherguy said:
Locust? Can you send this fairy over to my house?

yep nice load of black locust. and i dont think he delivers to mass, not for free anyway.

How do you get that to happen? Leave a twig under your pillow? Good looking BTU's . We want your wood fairy's email address...

I Love the black locust Fairy! She's been visiting quite alot lately. This is one load of about 10 in the truck, and maybe 8-9 trailer loads (small 4x 8 with 3' sides).

Attachments

• zzzlocust6.bmp
    576.1 KB · Views: 316
Bet you could get some on the luggage rack on top.

I worked for a couple tree services through high school and college, so the guys i worked for drop wood off when they are in the area.

There's something I don't get....As somebody new to this most excellent forum, I've never even heard of a black locust. Im no arborist but I'm sure I can name 10 or 15 different types of trees. A few months ago black locust wouldn't have been one of them.....just saying.....

There is plenty of it around here, where we live James. Easy to identify, and the best BTU bang for your seasoning time - one year c/s/s is fine. keep your eyes open for it - it will be your new best friend. :)

James02 said:
There's something I don't get....As somebody new to this most excellent forum, I've never even heard of a black locust. Im no arborist but I'm sure I can name 10 or 15 different types of trees. A few months ago black locust wouldn't have been one of them.....just saying.....

I never heard of it til I joined here either, apparently its some kind of super wood that you can heat your house with one split and it burns 16 hours, and that not using a blaze king, I could probably heat my house for 2 days on a black locust split in my BK.

hehe just kidding, its a high btu wood thats really hard and seasons faster than oak and gives you a little more btu's than oak. Ive never seen it in my area, Ive only seen it when guys around here come bragging that they got several cords free or something :lol:

wood-fan-atic said:
I Love the black locust Fairy! She's been visiting quite alot lately. This is one load of about 10 in the truck, and maybe 8-9 trailer loads (small 4x 8 with 3' sides).
Hey, I thought you said in another post that you didn't like hauling! You don't mind hauling BL as much, I guess. :)

James02 said:
Same thing for me. I don't have any BL on my property, but there's some on a couple of neighbors (that I can have.) :coolsmile: I'd seen the stuff but didn't know anything about it before I came here. Never had burned any, either. I knew Oak, Ash, Maple, Dogwood, Poplar. The first thing I learned was why I liked Ash so much...because it would burn decent after being dried only a couple of months. :red:
Finding out that this stuff is high-heat wood that dries fast has got me all excited. :bug:

Status
Not open for further replies.