I need a bigger saw

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The 575 is gtg! A bit heavier than my 372, because of emmisions stuff.

The 372 bar none, one of the best saws ever produced in all categories. I will be very sad when mine grenades. When the 371 came out, which replaced the 272, it had the highest power to weight ratio.

The difference between Stihl and Husky varies by saw class. Having run saws from either manufacturer, I've had luck and trouble with both. It comes down to the dealer and their knowledge and ability to turn around repairs. That being said my over all impression is this. Stihl will tolerate more abuse than a Husky. We have had some saws (We provide saws for our guys) 044 that never got cleaned and out lasted the equivalent Husky. Once they go away, they are absolute junk. Husky have a far better (pro level saws) air filtering system, sometimes 4:1 better! They are also in my opinion easier and less complex to work on. Saw for saw, such as 372 vs 440, 372 will out cut the 440 all day long. If you are getting a saw for yourself and take good care of it and have a good dealer, go Husky! Perhaps I am a bit biased%-P

Larry D

The 575 is a lot heavier than the 372 and hasn't been out long enough to know if it's a proven saw.

It's also more expensive than the 372.

This isn't to say the 575 isn't a good saw, I'm sure it is. It's just that a pound and a half is a lot when you're using the saw for firewood.

Strange..... but I'm pretty sure I'm the guy who bought Sedanman's 026 a couple of years ago!!! Great saw by the way, literally have to hide it from my neighbors!!!!

P.S.
Just checked back on The Arborist site-- it was Sedanman's saw! Good guy- Good saw! Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.