I need a inline duct fan that can handle the heat and isn't too noisy

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

wnc_burner

Sep 11, 2015
wnc
i have a Quadrafire 7100 FP, it's quite possibly the best wood burner I've ever seen or used imo, anyways, it has the zone heating ducts on the back that you can use blow hot air into different rooms using those register booster fans ... but they are pretty noisy and have lousy cfm's.... There's a fan in each room at the end of the ductwork blowing warm air into a room, what I'm trying to achieve is instead of having a fan in the room, I want to install an inline duct fan so the fan isn't in the room in hopes of it being less noisy. I bought the cheap ones and they just don't do what I want and are noisier than the register fans.. I guess I need to spend some money and get a quality fan.. Just looking for suggestions on something that pumps out the cfms and can handle the heat.

I have a remote heat duct on our PE FP30 and switched the oem duct boot fan to a ac infinity inline fan. It moves air much better and is far quieter than the oem. It's rated for 140F. We are On our second year and couldn't be happier thus far with it. I installed it as close to the bottom end of the duct run as reasonable. Our run exits 1' above the basement floor. If we don't run this fan being at the bottom of the run is a possible help from over heating when not in use. It has a speed remote and I just picked a speed that seemed reasonable and continue to use the switch at the fireplace to activate.

The indoor growing market has stimulated some nice affordable inline fans of decent cfm. Also, Panasonic remote bath fans are very good. They are intended to be ducted.

The indoor growing market has stimulated some nice affordable inline fans of decent cfm. Also, Panasonic remote bath fans are very good. They are intended to be ducted.
yeah, I actually had one that I used, it worked great, but it was all cheap plastic and unfortunately the fan blade got to hot and got warped. Which brings me to where I am now, needing something all metal I guess