I need a new stove...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DrEvil

Feb 13, 2007
Hello all oil stock driver downers :)

I am new around here but not new to wood heat.

I have recently received a stove (Made in Taiwhat?) that is VERY similar to a Jotul #4. Being that I just purchased my first home, I installed it in the basement and while it gets the house past the ambient temp of 60 by about 10 to 15 degrees depending on how hot I burn and how long, it burns very fast!

I have been burning mostly pallets and some dead standing that I found. I know its not the best wood, but my cordwood should have been here a few hours ago.

So... I am considering another stove preferably somthing with a catalist. I have been watching Craigslist like a hawk, but even $300 is a bit high for my stove budget being this is my first house and all.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Vinny

PS I regasketed the doors tonight and its a little better, but you can tell that this stove was never meant to be airtight.

There are two dampers one on each door and I have one installed in the flu as well.

Cheers!

Try Home depot or Lowes. I heard they have Englander and Century stoves on sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.