1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

I Need A Remote Control!

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by Enigma869, Nov 20, 2013.

1. Enigma869

Enigma869 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Massachusetts
    Okay...I know this is the epitome of laziness but am I the only one wishing that my pellet stove had a remote control? I have a P68 that I love, but get tired of carrying a flashlight with me to adjust the dial. Someone needs to create an app for that ==c

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. RCCARPS

RCCARPS New Member

Loc:
    South Eastern PA

Attached Files:

3. hockeyfan

hockeyfan Member

Loc:
    Western MA
    Put the P68 on a t-stat and you can take the human out of the loop entirely (well almost entirely, still need to load pellets and clean the stove), no remote control needed.
  4. RCCARPS

RCCARPS New Member

Loc:
    South Eastern PA
    I should have worded my post differently. I have a T-stat hooked to my Harman that gives me the typical programmable features. The remote and apps I listed connect to the Tstat. So any changes I make on the remote or apps change the tstat setting which in turn controls the stove.

http://www.forwardthinking.honeywell.com/new/50-1903.pdf
  5. 2011 GT/CS

2011 GT/CS New Member

Loc:
    Lehigh township, Pa
    You can also use the skytech 3301P. It has a programmable remote. I use it on my P43. Works well. But it is not internet capable.
  6. mepellet

mepellet Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Central ME
    Same here. Works nice. The only thing I wish it or the stove could do is set the stove to come on a couple hours before I get home and then flip the switch to manual so it will stay on. Guess I gotta train the dogs to do it for me :)