I Need A Remote Control!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Enigma869

Feeling the Heat
Aug 27, 2011
Massachusetts
Okay...I know this is the epitome of laziness but am I the only one wishing that my pellet stove had a remote control? I have a P68 that I love, but get tired of carrying a flashlight with me to adjust the dial. Someone needs to create an app for that ==c

Attachments

• IMG_00000256.jpg
    IMG_00000256.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 95
Put the P68 on a t-stat and you can take the human out of the loop entirely (well almost entirely, still need to load pellets and clean the stove), no remote control needed.

I should have worded my post differently. I have a T-stat hooked to my Harman that gives me the typical programmable features. The remote and apps I listed connect to the Tstat. So any changes I make on the remote or apps change the tstat setting which in turn controls the stove.

http://www.forwardthinking.honeywell.com/new/50-1903.pdf

You can also use the skytech 3301P. It has a programmable remote. I use it on my P43. Works well. But it is not internet capable.

You can also use the skytech 3301P. It has a programmable remote. I use it on my P43. Works well. But it is not internet capable.
Same here. Works nice. The only thing I wish it or the stove could do is set the stove to come on a couple hours before I get home and then flip the switch to manual so it will stay on. Guess I gotta train the dogs to do it for me :)

Status
Not open for further replies.