I need a source for single wall 3" SS pellet vent pipe - or guidance?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PelletStoveGuy

Feb 25, 2009
SF Bay
Thanks all for this great site. I just found it and it looks like a great source for info and help.

I'm in the process of installing a pellet stove insert into a masonry chimney. After much research, I think I know what I want to do, but I'm having a heck of a time actually finding the parts.
What I would like to do is use a 3" x 60" flexible SS single wall pipe through the damper, then connect to a rigid SS single wall pipe to the chimney top/termination (about 12').
It appears to be allowable per code and per the instructions for my stove. But I have been unable to find what I think should be real simple material.

I've found double wall 60" flex (such as 3" x 60" Simpson PelletVent Pro Flexible Pellet Stove Chimney Pipe), but only double wall pipe to connect to it (much $$).
I've also found single wall flex chimney liner (such as Simpson Dura-Vent DuraFlex Chimney Liner) for the full length of the chimney. but I would prefer to have a smooth interior for the vertical run (for air flow and cleaning).

I've called every local stove and chimney place I can find, and every hardware store in the book. I've got interweb burnout, but cannot seem to find single wall SS Pipe (I want the proper gaskets, etc). Does what I'm looking for exist, or do I need to use the Duraflex type liner.

By the way, I have a Breckwell P2000 (which I got used, very cheap. I ended up having to strip down (lots of rust) and completely repaint and do some re-wiring and re-insulating - when will I ever learn about a 'good deal'? Had a lot water damage).

Thank you in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.