I need a thermometer

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

karl

Minister of Fire
Apr 9, 2007
Huntington, West Virginia
I'm getting ready to order a thermometer for my Summit Insert. The only thermometer I could find locally was the Rutland stove thermometer. It is too big to fit in the corner of my stove by the door. Would some of the PE Insert guys tell me what brand of thermometer they have that will fit my insert? It seems the online stores don't post the diameter of the thermometers.

Thanks.

Condar and Homesaver thermos will fit there. They are the same thermo with different names on them. Much smaller than Rutlands.

Thanks.

Why is it most thermometers place the top of the burn zone at 475 degrees? I thought 500-600 was where you should be?

The thermos and the ranges on them are made for use on single wall stove pipe. The readings on them are usually around half of what the internal flue gas temps are.

They just get adopted for stove top use or, in the case of insert, stove front use.

Status
Not open for further replies.