I need help finding the manufacturer of this stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BurnerNewbie

Dec 15, 2016
Muskegon mi
IMG_0225.JPG It has no markings.
It has a blower and we need a name for insurance purposes

Last edited by a moderator:
Tempted to say homebrewed stove or from a local welding shop.

The only Schraders I've seen have spin knob air controls and Schrader boldly cast into the door, but maybe this model preceded?
Yeah I have seen lots of shraders and none of them looked anything like that

Yeah I have seen lots of shraders and none of them looked anything like that
I could be way off base on the brand. But it's the exact stove for sure. They bought the house in the mid 70s and iirc it was already installed. Under normal circumstances I would ask them what brand it was. I was taken aback when I seen the post on the day that it was. Our house burnt down and my brother was killed on December 15th 1985. The only clues the fire department found were the doors opened and an accelerant was used so they think he tried to use gas to start a fire and it exploded.

Needless to say seeing that stove hooked up like it is. With wood scraps, propane bottles laying around, and creosote running down the wall makes me cringe. If I were the underwriter I think that the brand of the stove is the least of the worries.

Last edited:
Looks like there are one if not two reducers on the smoke pipe. That's a no-no.

Needless to say seeing that stove hooked up like it is. With wood scraps, propane bottles laying around, and creosote running down the wall makes me cringe. If I were the underwriter I think that the brand of the stove is the least of the worries.
Agreed and you didnt even mention the 8 to 7 reducer at the stove then the 7 to 6 reducer into the chimney. Lots of problems with this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.