I need help, in Connecticut, any installers nearby?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RDabate

Sep 14, 2008
Ellington, CT
Hi,

I have had my EKO for about 3 years. They guy who installed did not have much experience with this kind of thing. I'm looking to redesign my setup so it's running as safe and efficient as possible and I think I'd like to add storage.

Anybody out there in the Connecticut area?

I couldn't help but answer the call on this because I read a lot about Superman as a kid, and never imagined talking to him directly, much less being asked for his help :lol: Before bringing in someone to look at your system, you could get a lot of (free) help directly from this forum. I don't have an EKO and am not a hydronics guru, but there are a number of guys on this forum who are. But in order for anyone to offer help, what you need to do first is to diagram and post all of the details of your current system - all valves, circs, zones, etc. Then the good folks can determine if you have any current issues. Adding storage will almost definitely be a + for you, and the diagram will help determine what it will take to get that done. You also should mention if you have any current operational issues, and indicate the heat loss calculation of your house, and what type of emitters you have. There are PC tools available for doing a fancy diagram, or you can just sketch it on paper and then upload a photo of that. Then after getting a bunch of good advice, you can bring someone in to do whatever work might be required.

That's good advice, and I was going to take some to time to take a bunch of pictures of what I have. I'll probably work on that in the next few days, depending on how much fighting crime takes up my time. :)

I agree with willworkforwood, all those things will need to be considered before a do-over is done, but better then that, it might only require a simple fix. A ton of Teck's are fix it guys and not design guys.

super man, call mark at alternative heating in ny. he has his banner on the fourm. He knows his stuff and i know he will be able to help you out. do it once do it with mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.