I need help pricing/assessing an Efel Kamina

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dmarcouli

Apr 26, 2015
Baltimore, MD
Hey all -

I have an Efel Kamina stove, 079-66, that I'd like to sell. I have no idea how to price it or if there is even interest in purchasing such a stove.

What do y'all think? I've attached a bunch of photos so y'all can help me assess condition/suggest pricing. Also, if someone sees this and is very interested in purchasing said stove, let's talk. You'd get an excellent deal.

IMG_3611.JPG IMG_3612.JPG IMG_3613.JPG IMG_3614.JPG IMG_3615.JPG IMG_3616.JPG label.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
A couple hundred at most i think

It's a respectable heater. Definitely get it out of the elements or its value will plummet. The value will be less right now at the end of the heating season. Maybe $3-400. It might get as high as $600 next Sept-Oct..

Really ou think so begreen? Around here i would be really surprised if you got over $300 for it.

Having watched the price on used Jotuls, I've seen the price vary by about $400 from spring to fall.

And most jotuls are a lot more desirable than the stove in question. But year the price will varry allot depending on season and location. If you find the right preson you may be able to get a decent price for that stove they are decent stoves. But the look is very dated and i think the market is very limited.

I'm with Ashful and would hold on to it until fall before selling.

Oh - one more question - what forum or market should I try and sell this in? I've got it up on Craigslist but am not sure that reaches the correct audience.

Im located in Baltimore City, Maryland.

craigslist is what I would use. You can also put a posting here in the for sale/wanted forum. It's the slow season from now until fall. If possible hold on and sell it in October and it should go quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.