i need help with 6039

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mark 6039

Nov 21, 2010
central oh
I have a US stoves 6039 that i got used and they burnt corn in it i am using pellets i have alot of embers blowin around in stove and the glass gets black after awhile is this normal if not what should the settings be set on not much info in the book

Setting depend on what you are heating.

I heat the the finished basement of a 2,300 sq ft home on settings 3,9,2,1. The manual draft under the firebox should be out about an inch to the point where the flame looks like an active campfire fl;flame. Not to lazy and not a blow torch.

Sparks flying around likely do to the quality of pellets you are using---perhaps too many fines in the bag. Soot will get deposited on the glass of prety well any pellet stove. To slow the rate, open your manual draft a bit more to get a more active flame. Also keep the burn pot area clean so the glass washer---which is not v ery good on this stove can be of some help. Any other help needed PM me.

Stan

Status
Not open for further replies.