I need ideas please! With Picture

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Pallet Pete

We where scraping a beautiful 50 gallon steel barrel at work an I couldn't bare to get rid of it so I took it home. I don't have a clue what to do with it as making a stove isn't my idea of safe. Anybody have any ideas of what I can make out of it? I was debating a smoker or grill but thats sounds almost to generic to me I want this thing to be epic man epic !!!!! :lol:

Thanks everybody

Attachments

• IMG_0006.jpg
    IMG_0006.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 731
fish tank, you will need to put a window on the side though.

Rain water down spout catcher thingy, with spigot & hose.

Adios Pantalones said:
I'd barrel-fire pots:

Or make a robot costume

That might be one of the coolest things I have seen in a while it could be a lot of fun !

Doing The Dixie Eyed Hustle said:
Rain water down spout catcher thingy, with spigot & hose.

Hahaha love the explanation of the down spout thingy :lol: I have no idea what there called either.

I guess it would depend on what you want/need or what you're into.
We had a Blues Party for our friends last fall and put several out with bar stools around them and an ashtray
in the middle and they were a hit.
Here on the farm I use them for;
Floats under the pond dock
A barby
Animal feeder
Composter
Turkey plucker
And we used one for our dandelion wine
An idea for something really, really epic will cost money.
I like a person who can appreciate the beauty in something as simple as a 55 gallon drum.
But, it is just a drum. Do something with it before it gets banged up from laying around.

kenny chaos said:
I guess it would depend on what you want/need or what you're into.
We had a Blues Party for our friends last fall and put several out with bar stools around them and an ashtray
in the middle and they were a hit.
Here on the farm I use them for;
Floats under the pond dock
A barby
Animal feeder
Composter
Turkey plucker
And we used one for our dandelion wine
An idea for something really, really epic will cost money.
I like a person who can appreciate the beauty in something as simple as a 55 gallon drum.
But, it is just a drum. Do something with it before it gets banged up from laying around.

I am an extremely resourceful fella so whatever I make won't cost much if anything. Give me a toothpick and used duct tape and I will make you an airplane :lol:
I like the composter idea a lot even though its not to epic but can help grow epic food lol.

If you've got a smaller one to put in it, there is a write up somewhere about making lump charcoal.

Now that sounds sweet Solar I only grill with lump charcoal !

Thanks

Find a decent water fall near by, and ''Barrel Jump'' it, then, you might be a heros :p, or maybe not !!!

Yup that is the official fall back idea right there if all else fails. Get it FALL back idea ha I am an idiot ;-)

dog house. Cut out half of an end. just don't put it on a hill . . .

And if the dog doesn't like it, tell your kids they don't need to buy no stinkin' sleds . . .

Elm stove.

fishingpol said:
Pook would have an idea or two...

That'd make ya probably wanna barf.

I would not use it for anything that you would eat out of. All sorts of chemical contamination issues.
What was stored in the drum?
Don' cut the lid off with a torch, inside gasses can cause an explosion even if rinsed out.
(steel drum top opener, like a giant can opener, hammer & cold chisel)
Kindling storage?

Attachments

• drum_deheader.jpg
    drum_deheader.jpg
    4.1 KB · Views: 544
fishingpol said:
Pook would have an idea or two...

If you look carefully, you will find Pook living inside it!

Making a steel drum would be a good use of that barrel:

then get yourself a wild Caribbean shirt, straw hat and some ganga.

Dock flotation. Although metal will eventually rust, and again, you would want to be clear on what was stored in it.

1. Fill with water.
2. Fill with fish.
3. Start shooting fish with handgun, rifle or shotgun.
4. See if it is true . . . Something can be as easy as shooting fish in a barrel.

Load it up, drive to upstate NY, take a ride down the falls in it, post your findings on hearth.com. What's the worst that could happen?

fill it with acid. use it to disolve the identifiable body parts of your victims (head, hands, feet,etc) just toss the torso in the river, unless she has implants (they can be id by serial numbers) and they float ;-P

Status
Not open for further replies.