i need info on warm morning wood/coal stove...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mainewind

Jan 11, 2008
mid-coast maine
hey... i have an old warm morning wood/coal burning stove that is in good condition. it was my dads, he used it for about ten years, but now he wants me to sell it for him... trouble is i know nothing about this stove: how old it is, what model number, and most importantly.. how much to ask for it. i've been searching online and found next to nothing.. can anyone help me out?

I think they are out of business. If you can post a picture it might help to assess it better, but unless it's in awesome shape I would think anything you can get for it would be gravy. Maybe $50?

I have one in my shop, works good, bought it about 25 years ago for 40 bucks. they where made by Locke stove co. out of Kansas city Mo. they've been out of business for quite a while.

I purchased a used Locke warm morning wood/coal stove in 1986 for $100. It has worked like a gem over the years. With the current high cost of heating oil, it is a real asset. My stove was manufactured in Kansas City in 1942. Occasionally the brick liner requires re-grouting.

Status
Not open for further replies.