I need opinions please US Stove Co 6039

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JMF1

Oct 1, 2006
Rochester NY
This stove is new to me, this is what it looked like after 1 bag of Somerset pellets run on heat range 2 (out of 9). It ran for about 22-24 hrs on 1 bag.

This stove has an air control just like my wood stove so I'm wondering if I need more or less combustion air?
Is one bag in 24 hrs at such a low setting too much?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Attachments

• ps1.jpg
    ps1.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 280
  • ps2.jpg
    ps2.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 314
Hard to tell how well it's burning w/o a flame pic, but the flame pattern on the back wall looks pretty good.

As for the fuel usage, that does seem a bit high for that setting, but every stove is different. Hopefully another US Stove owner can comment (go back to your post and edit the title line to include the stove make & model in it so people see it).

Right now, my Englander 10-cpm is burning about 1 bag a day at heat setting 5 out of 9.

OK, I just took these with the heat setting on 3

Attachments

• ps3.jpg
    ps3.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 257
  • ps4.jpg
    ps4.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 230
A friend down the road has a 6039 insert and he has the same complaints when burning on low fire settings. This stove doesn't have an air wash and the glass gets pretty dirty kind of fast on him. When its colder and up on about 4 its stays cleaner longer.

I think you might have a door seal leak in the top right corner. Next time you shutdown the stove do the dollar bill test. Put the bill in the stove and shut the door on the bill(bill should be where the door seal is) and try pulling out the bill. If it slips out easy you have a leak.

Another member schoondog owns on and he might be of some help. You can try to PM him.

Status
Not open for further replies.