I need the Harman guy!! Help!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK- have been having some minor problems with Harman Accentra, but able to figure them out with some help. Today, it was going well (cleaned it yesterday). It had a good fire, then went into cooling mode. It did not start back up. I tried to start manual- nothing at all. Ten, it tried to start, but auger sounds like it might be working hard- took all pellets out- vacuumed out the feed pot- I can see nothing, but there is only a small part of the auger that I can see. Took back cover off- can't see that the chain is kinked, off. Tried to turn it on- I don't know how soon the auger should try to drop pellets after you turn it on. About 5-10 minutes after turning on, auger turned, slow/begrudgenly= nothing. The distribution blower light is not on when I first turn the unit on- should it be? I see where the distribution blower is- left lower side in back, as you look at it- is there anything I can do to check this? Also, on the left side of the back, are two wingnuts- what are they for? I can't find anything in the poorly instituted manual. Of course, it is Friday nite, dealer is 4 hours away, it's supposed to be in single digits at nite- house is about 50 degrees now. Hope somebody is awake on this forum!! You may email, if you wish- [email protected] Thanks

The 2 wing nuts hold the cover on the sawdust cleanout.

If you put the stove into test mode does the Auger and all the fans run?

Winke I think the wingnut you are talking about is in the front- yes, it has been cleaned. I am talking about the rear of the stove- on the left, as you look at it. I am sure it is for the auger, but the wingnuts are hard to get to- they are on very tight, and I have been unable to get them loose so far. I am wondering if, because the distribution blower light is not on (the little lights by the dials-feed, combustion, distribution), that the distribution blower is shot?? How can I tell? I guess I get to spend the night on the computer trying to get answers! Which would go out first- the auger, the distrib blower, or the comb blower?

Sure hope you got it working again! Let us know.

But what about test mode as Winkey suggested?

The dist blower isn't going to run until the stove warms up a bit (unless in test mode).

Front cleanout is for the burn pot/ignitor

Rear wing nuts clean out the sawdust and junk from the hopper. Yes the wing nuts are REALLY on there...I used pliers to loosen them up.

For all of you who have offered help, here is what has transpired. Hope my problem/learning might help someone else in the future. (long). Talked with Majic City Stoves in Casper today- the store is great at helping. I dealt with Steve. Steve ran me through several things on the phone- me behind the opened stove in back, him on the phone. First, opened the plate that houses the arm and slide plate- it was not clogged, as I had cleaned it, and the plate sat on the arm corectly. The clear, air intake hose was patent. The auger larger gear turned easily when the smaller gear/chain were off, so was not the auger. Next, Steve had me take the wires from the auger motor, strip the pos/neg wires, and then take an extention cord (already had a bad one sitting in the garage waiting for me to put a new female end on), and cut off the female end, and then stripping the neg/pos wires on it. I then attached them to the auger motor, plugged it in, to see if the motor would run on a different circuit. It barely 'hummed', without the wheel turning at all. This told Steve that the auger motor was bad. Will be getting one by UPS- unfortunately, it will not get here until late Tues., or Wed! BRRRR! It was 3 degrees this morning! I do hope that this will take care of the problem- I have seen so many people on this forum that seem to be having problems with the Harman stoves. Makes me wonder- if this is supposed to be the best stove- what would the next in line, or the worst do?? Thanks all for your help. I do now know more about the workings of my stove, as Steve explained how each mechanical worked. Dirty, dirty, dirty- think I'll stick with my day job!!

Status
Not open for further replies.