I need to go more than 4 foot horizontal!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tubbster

Aug 12, 2008
Central NY
Walking through the HD today, I came across a new New england pellet stove. Priced right I thought, but looking at the install instructions, it limits the horizontal run to less than 4'. I live in a raised ranch with a finished basement, and the only place that I can put it would be exhausting under a deck, about 4 feet higher. So, I would need to go out the length of the deck, for a total of 10' Am I SOL?
Also, how does the fuel cost per btu compare to natural gas?

Thanks for any insight.
-Tubbs

tubbster said:
Walking through the HD today, I came across a new New england pellet stove. Priced right I thought, but looking at the install instructions, it limits the horizontal run to less than 4'. I live in a raised ranch with a finished basement, and the only place that I can put it would be exhausting under a deck, about 4 feet higher. So, I would need to go out the length of the deck, for a total of 10' Am I SOL?

Thanks for any insight.
-Tubbs

Sounds like you are indeed SOL. That is unless you can find another way to vent to the outside.
I`d not bother burning pellets to save money if I was on the NG line since NG is nearly 50% cheaper than oil where I am.

tubbster said:

Thanks for any insight.
-Tubbs

Why not punch through exterior wall, make a 90 degree up through your deck and go up along side of house to the roof line?

Status
Not open for further replies.