I need to slightly offset my stovepipe to center my woodstove... do i need two fittings?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

stamello

Nov 14, 2012
Functionally my woodstove works great. I'm using durablack stovepipe into a duravent triple wall that is run inside my old brick chimney. Now I'm going to do some aesthetic upgrades to the mantle and fireplace area, and I'd like to properly center my woodstove in the fireplace space. A straight run from my chimney to my stove via the stovepipe puts me a couple of inches off center. Is there one six inch fitting that can do this or do i need to get two 45 degree fittings?

Class A chimney pipe is not really meant for installation for inside of a masonry chimney. How is the chimney pipe being supported? With a liner, this issue is easy, but not so easy with this setup. The connection from the stove to the "liner" should be done with a stainless connector. I think the closest offset with two 6", 45s will be 6". There are 30 and even 15º elbows made for a stainless liner that would provide a tighter offset.
This also might work:

Can you post a picture of the setup?

Last edited:
OK, that was a while back and a few hundred thousands posts. Thanks for the link.

It's a real bummer that all the pictures illustrating the problem and the solution are now gone because they were linked from tinypic instead of posted here directly. Can you repost them or at least post some new pics of the current installation here directly.

The DVL 6DVL-E90 elbow is adjustable. A pair could be used for a 2-3" offset with them set to a shallow angle.