I need your HELP!! (gasket issue)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jqgs214

Minister of Fire
Dec 19, 2006
Riverhead, NY
Here are some pictures of my dilemma. My wife found this when cleaning out the insert today. My question is is gasket cement necessary between the glass, gasket and door anywhere? Also, this insert was installed in Dec. Should this be a warranty issue? It looks like the little clip thingys are a little loose that hold the glass in. I'll just put the gasket back in for now if I dont need cement but the gasket is really frayed in that one spot (see pic.)

Attachments

• 100_0649.jpg
    100_0649.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 242
  • 100_0649a.jpg
    100_0649a.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 260
I think the gasket sagging wraps around the d glass and the clip friction should hold it in place I don't know id you need gasket cement Take the two top clipe off
and replace the gasket you know heat can losten screws and bolts you may find you ned to bend those clipc a bit for a tighter fit You could requir waranty repair

Me personally, it would already been a done deal, save a complaint for a more pressing issue

normally glass and gaskets are not coverd by any warrenty. Call your dealer, if you bring the door to them they might fix it for you at N/C. i would.

Thanks for the quick reply. I'll just reinsert it myself. I can handle that. Wanted to make sure that there wasnt supposed to be cement there. I'll see if the dealer will throw some gasket material my way since its all frayed after 2 months.

FYI,

Gasket is in fire going thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.