I never pay for wood but..

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Joey, at least you got some good firewood out of the deal and it was still not a bad price. Still hard to believe he agreed on what a cord of wood is but still wanted to short you. I wonder what he'll find tomorrow when the other guy shows up?

Dennis I just want you to know that when I told him that I wouldn't be burning this wood until 2015-16 he had a funny look on his face and said by then it would be so dry it would burn away in no time and basicly be worthless. Your words popped into my head but I realized right away that I would never get through to him. I just made small talk, paid him and left. If only they knew.

You have left quite an impression on me and so may others here. Thank you.

Reactions: woodchip
Nice that you recognized his effort and didn'tlose your cool.
My guess is that somebody will...

When I was a youngster, I had a lemonade stand. I sold lots of it but couldn't understand why so many people were making faces.... no one had taught me to make it, I just did it (story of my life!).

Apparently there is sugar in there with the lemons??

Anyhow, nice way to make a donation!

Isn't it funny when you look back on moments like this? Lessons learned.:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.