I only realized this thanks to Hearth.com and Arboristsite.com

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

myzamboni

Minister of Fire
May 22, 2007
Silicon Valley
So I wake up several times at night (mild sleep apnea is part of the cause), and I always look to see what time it is. Well last night was chainsaw night. I woke up at the following times

028 (12:28)

So I started of Stihl and finished up Husqvarna. Weird

Mods, this might go better in the gear forum, but felt a wider audience would either enjoy it or enjoy razzing me about it.

Good thing you were not dreamin Dolmars. You might of been late for work.
You asked for it. :lol:
Its 3:18 am @ my end so I must have been dreamin of olds Dodges.
Cheers, N of 60 Night Night...ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

I have had several dreams lately involving large oak trees at the farm I have permission to remove dead trees only and an ms 361. The ms 361 part comes in because I have been making several trips to the dealer to get files, wedges etc. and each time I go over and hold the 361 for a minute thinking about pulling out the plastic card.

I try not to wake up at night because if I do it means I have to get up because:

1- a child throwing up

2- a dog about to have an accident that I will have to clean up...

Sorry, but chain saws seems a bit tame especially since I am coming off of a week of throwing up kids and husband and finally it got me. So far the dogs have been behaving.

Want to trade?

madison said:
fyi, and you may already be aware, sleep apnea is a "hot"medical research topic and currently there is a lot of evidence linking it with heart and vascular problems. It is not something to be ignored or treated lightly.

My wife, a nurse, believes I have sleep apnea . . . but the thought of having to wear one of those masks had led me to believe that maybe ignorance is bliss . . . at least until I die. :) ;)

perplexed said:
I try not to wake up at night because if I do it means I have to get up because:

1- a child throwing up

Sorry, but chain saws seems a bit tame especially since I am coming off of a week of throwing up kids and husband and finally it got me. So far the dogs have been behaving.

Want to trade?
Same thing has been going on at my house, one kid goes off then the next one follows.
Add to that a newborn and sleep is a distant memory.

MishMouse said:
perplexed said:

1- a child throwing up

Want to trade?
Same thing has been going on at my house, one kid goes off then the next one follows.
Add to that a newborn and sleep is a distant memory.

Sorry to hear the 'grip' has you all. One advantage I have is that my children are older and can 'hit the bucket'.....when they were little we would just end up with beach towels on their beds - washing machine going non-stop. Can't imagine how the pioneers did it on cold prairie nights.

Things have turned around here and I am making a come back - the wood pile is calling me..the one thing the kids didn't do. They are at the age where they have a aversion to carrying wood anywhere but they love the heat and 12 year old loves to build fires.

Hope you are all on the mend soon and that infant stays well. So unsettling when tiny ones are sick. Hope you stay well!

madison said:
fyi, and you may already be aware, sleep apnea is a "hot"medical research topic and currently there is a lot of evidence linking it with heart and vascular problems. It is not something to be ignored or treated lightly.

Yes, I know. I have done the sleep study. I don't qualify for a CPAP machine as you must exceed an average over the entire sleep period. My apnea pattern is intense during one or 2 periods of the night and does not clear the average. I've started 'playing' the dijerado to strengthen the area of the throat that 'collapses' thus creating the apneatic condition.

Of course, I have now idea how much you weigh, although there is a direct link between excessive weight and sleep apnea. Have you lost weight if you are over?

myzamboni said:
I've started 'playing' the dijerado to strengthen the area of the throat that 'collapses' thus creating the apneatic condition.

Yeah for the dijerado. Where did you get one in this county or did you have to send to Australia???? Kinda a large item to ship.

Since this is a hearth forum I have to wonder if you just made your own with wood you were harvesting to burn?

gzecc, I'm 6' 185 and in good shape. The apnea is genetic. Dad, Granddad, and Great Granddad all had it(and I'm sure the generations before them)

perplexed, A family member shipped it while on vacation in Australia. Arrived in a 8x8x48 inch box in bubblewrap.

Status
Not open for further replies.