I passed up pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

343amc

Feeling the Heat
Nov 23, 2005
West Michigan
Stopped by Menards on the way home to grab a few things and took a detour down the pellet and wood stove aisle. There were a few bags of Magic Sparks sitting there. Grabbed a bag to put it in the cart and it was like grabbing a bag of potting soil. Just a bit wet. All the bags had wet pellets in them based on feeling around the corners. They must have dug them out of a snow bank out back.

On a brighter note, fans, fertilizer and grass seed is in ample supply. Spring must be right around the corner.

Reactions: jtakeman
I got excited even though there were only 5 bags as I hadn't seen Magic Spark there since my last haul after Thanksgiving.

The area where they store pellets in the yard is stocked with treated lumber now. I think box store pellet season is done here. Home Depot and Lowes have been out for a while now. Good thing I still have plenty of stash in the barn.

Ridiculous. Didn't realize spring came that early in MI.

Reminds me of seeing xmas stuff in my local Walmart the first week in Sept. Guess the store manager didn't get the memo about what season most of Sept falls in.

"I passed on pellets"
Good for you 343amc...This is the first step to recovery. ;lol

Status
Not open for further replies.