I really need help with my EF3 BAY pellet stove - GREEN LIGHT ON ALL THE TIME AND THE AUGER DOEST MO

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

steve1000

Feb 22, 2009
Canada
Hello everyone, and thanks in advance for your help.

I have an EF3 Bay pellet stove and it has been a nightmare many times. I used this site before and got great help really fast, I was very happy about that and so was my wife....

We only have one company here that repairs the stoves and they are abslutely terrible. they charge a fortune and they dont have a clue. I have good electrical knoledge so I have a good headstart on this stuff....might even open my own repair shop in this town because I know they need a good trouble shooter!

Here is the problem.

The green light is stuck on and the auger does not move. We very recently had this stove fixed and everything was running great when we got a good source of pellets. The fire was so big one day I think the stove overheated and shut off the heat sensor maybe? There was allot of smoke in the stove one morning and when the fire finally lit I heard a big bang.... the stove has not spit out pellets since that day.

the repair guy was here and I was talking to him and watched him... I got a much better idea how it works now....even though the guy did not have a multi-meter and had to run back to the shop for a jumper LOL..... I still learned a few things about the stove somehow.

It is not the switch I know that for sure...and its not the auger motor. I read somthing about the red restet button but it does not seem to move at all, I cant tell if the button has tripped or....???

From what I can see there is not that many part to the whole opperation and it should be easy enough to trouble shoot if I knew what all the parts were lol.

Can anyone help?

I found the manual online for the stove but I dont understand all the terms and the photos are terrible.

what makes the green light stay on all the time rather then blink on and off? Something to do with the timer maybe? Would the temperature overload device cause this? maytbe a fuse in there somewhere? The maunal mentioned there is a fuse but I didnt see it. I have only checked the right hand side of the stove but I am going to tear the entier thing apart if I have to. It seemed like nearly everything was on the right hand side but who knows???

I have a multi-meter but I do not have the other test instruments the manual mentioned.

Thanks in advance if anyone can help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.