1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

I recently got my a long sought after inertia type Speeco log splitter. I was wondering if anyone w

Post in 'The Gear' started by 21acrewoods, Oct 19, 2012.

1. 21acrewoods

21acrewoods Member

Loc:
    west central Ohio
    I recently got myself a long sought after inertia type Speeco log splitter. I was wondering if anyone has one and if they could help with some mods I would like to make to the plunger face. Is there a known fix for the plunger not returning properly? Any other tips on there use would be appreciated.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. TreePointer

TreePointer Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Western PA
  3. MasterMech

MasterMech Guest

Question is, why were you so hot for this splitter when it has known issues severe enough for the mfg to recall it and pull it off the sales floor?
  4. 21acrewoods

21acrewoods Member

Loc:
    west central Ohio
    Got a great deal on it. All of the fundamental parts are there. It just needed a little tweaking on the design, and for a guy who likes to make something work that noone else could(or would) It has been a fun project. Been splittin pile after pile and it works awesome. Anyone who's got one, get with me, I can help you make these things hummm.