I said I was going to stop but I can't pass this up. More Pics 7/19/16

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

fespo

Minister of Fire
Dec 14, 2005
South West burbs of Chicago
As the title says, I just can't pass this up. Even though Im about 4-5 years ahead.

My co workers was asking me If I know anyone that can haul this wood away. His dad is having someone cut it down but just leaving it there, branches & logs. So we went after work today I took some pictures and sent them to my other buddy who has a clam truck. If all goes right. My buddy gets paid to haul the logs away to my dads place were, I can cut and split it in time. The tree is about 5 miles from my house but The city would fine me if I had this stacked in my front yard. There is no way to get to the back. I had nothing to measure the trunk with but my feet with boots on and it is appx 7 boot ft . Plus just one main tree

image_16.jpe

image_14.jpe

image_15.jpe

image_16.jpe

Sounds like a good deal to me and a good wood score.

Real nice there...

I would take it!

Got a call couple months back load of red Oak- way out of places to put it, but took it anyway- More than a cords worth css ( which I still have to do. yah, I been lazy this year - but there is 40 cord css reaching back 5 years so no real rush - not to mention going toe to toe with the city this past winter on my fuel) Was thinking of slabing some of it up, but that idea is not going to workout due to other circumstances beyond my control.

It has been delivered to my dads place today, it was 2 loads.I went to check on the pile and I forgot to take pictures. But I did take a few at the job site. The base of the stump was 6 '. I didn't have time today to take pictures of the main truck.
image_19.jpe

image_18.jpe

image_21.jpe

Reactions: Oldman47
Well I'm almost done with this pile. I just started working on it again in the last few weeks. 6260b0f15f399f79b1af1cff4055ef1c.jpg02b19c1df260dccd70ed4f98ed29b64f.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice. I'm sitting on 2 more scores to get 5 years ahead, them MAYBE i'll pass some up.