I saw a bigger shinier one, so I brought it!,OR,Bigger is better!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

truck243

Feb 20, 2011
louisville ky
I had a Small stove, and I was kind of happy with it, but when I saw a bigger one.....(thats what she said), I had to buy it, it was last years model, and marked down 150 dollars., so I brought it. I do believe that many of the new stoves are over rated when they talk output btus, because according to the specs on the stove, it should have heated my house fine, but it really didnt.The new one is rated for much more sq ft than we have, BUT it FINALLY does the job!Its a usa stove co." Magnolia"

My buddy has heated for a few years with one and done well. Hope you find the same.

pen

Run it right and it heats great. Run it wrong and you end up paying a fortune for an Elm. :lol:

BrotherBart said:
Run it right and it heats great. Run it wrong and you end up paying a fortune for an Elm. :lol:
Or I could have paid twice as much for a different stove and be on here talking about all the problems I'm having..........just kidding had to jab ya back.
In all seriousness the new Mags are better than the older ones. They redesigned a few things most notedly the pins so they won't walk up anymore. I gotta say the airwash system had to be about perfect. Literally the door glass stayed perfectly clean for nearly a month and then it was just real fine light gray ash that wiped off with a wet towel. Secondaries seem to light off real easy. Only problem I had was keeping the stove from burning itself up. I wouldn't let it get over 750 degrees too often as mine experienced the front face warping. After the stove got up to temp you could see light from the flames looking through the gasket on the upper L/H edge. It would close up when it cooled down. But like I said they changed it a little so I'm sure you'll be happy for a long while to come.

Oh that's great truck, good luck with it. I upgraded from a smaller 1.7 cf insert to a 3.2 cf insert and was one of the beat decisions I've ever made. Maybe hang on to your smaller stove for a bit to be sure the new larger unit is a good fit for you. That being said in sure you'll love the longer burn times and the increased heat output.

Status
Not open for further replies.