I see a fire in my near future

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
been running bass wood last few nights.

Oh yeah. I'm doing my first fire tomorrow and can't wait. I'm thinking sassafras would be nice.

First fire was last night. Some pine slabwood.

Not yet cool enough in this neck of the woods but won't be much longer. It's damp and the SheWolf is gonna want her fire pretty darn soon.

Was hoping to get the hoop out of storage and fill with red maple this weekend. Looks like rain though.

First fire last night! A small fire did the trick. Took self control to not add more just to keep watching!

Yep, first real shoulder fire here last night too in the 30NC. Cold and rainy, so had to break the chill. Haven't fired up the insert yet, but got another fire going this morning. All is right.

Having my first fire right now... just some 2x4 & 2x6 scraps and cut-offs from the garage; just enough to take the chill off. High today was 53 and it was in the 40's overnight and supposed to be again tonight...

Windy, rainy & chilly here. Small fire yesterday and today felt good.

Silver maple burning here. Once in the morning to warm the house and now I'm getting ready to get it going again to finish off the evening.

fv

If it gets chilly enough, might do a small one tonight.
It's getting to be that time of the year...

Reactions: D8Chumley
When I left for work this morning it was mid 50s in the house. She wasn't happy, so when I got home I cleaned the chimney and stove, and now I have a nice little fire going. Feels good too! Got a half rack full of white pine and uglies up on the deck too

Reactions: BigCountryNY
First one tonight, slight chill in the house. At least there was.

Attachments

• 14441027531191134344231.jpg
    14441027531191134344231.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 99
Status
Not open for further replies.