I snuck up on him....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GAMMA RAY

Minister of Fire
Jan 16, 2011
PA.
he's so purdy...could not believe I got the shot...not a good spot for him to be snoozing.....don't know why he was not in a tree

Attachments

• card.jpg
    card.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 506
GAMMA RAY said:
he's so purdy...could not believe I got the shot...not a good spot for him to be snoozing.....don't know why he was not in a tree

Wow. Nice pic. You must have been hovering not to step on a branch and wake him up.
Thanks for sharing!

I was not able to move away from the bugger without waking him up...but I was kinda glad.....I did not want anything else to sneak up on him like a cat that would eat him.....so he woke up and away he went....glad I got the shot and he was safe in the air!!! It's nice to have you guyz to share cool pics with......there is a lot of appreciation for that here which is nice...like opening your wallet and showin off your family....wait....wallets don't come with those plastic thingeys for pics anymore.....or do they???? Doubt it.... :lol:

Here's a few you should like Michelle.

Springisintheair.jpg

sickbird.jpg

Octoberwoods-1.jpg

Wow Dennis....talk about some great pics....love the Mr and Mrs Cardinal.......kissin....or sharin supper....think thats what those wild birdies do sometimes......did you take those or the Mrs??? Guess someone else is good at sneakin up to take a pic.... ;-)

Gamma, that is a normal thing in the Spring of the year and we've caught it several times. We've also laughed many times watching the woodpeckers. The red bellied woodpeckers will come to the feeder with their young and feed them. The following day they will bring the young....and just leave them. That little one will squak and holler until he gets so hungry and tired that he then simply picks up some seed for himself. Lesson learned and does not have to be repeated.

The eagle was really weird and I could get to within about 3-4' of it so I naturally got a few pictures.

The deer was taken with a trail camera and I call that picture, "October woods." Yes, it is on our place and yes, I took the pictures, except for the deer which was on the trail cam.

I took these last summer on my front porch. There are a couple birds that nest there yearly. The nest is about 4' from the front door up at ceiling height. They are usually comfortable with us walking past the nest. I took these pictures from the front yard with maximum zoom and the camera on a tripod.
DSCN1157.jpg

DSCN1131.jpg

GAMMA RAY said:
I was not able to move away from the bugger without waking him up...but I was kinda glad.....I did not want anything else to sneak up on him like a cat that would eat him.....so he woke up and away he went....glad I got the shot and he was safe in the air!!! It's nice to have you guyz to share cool pics with......there is a lot of appreciation for that here which is nice...like opening your wallet and showin off your family....wait....wallets don't come with those plastic thingeys for pics anymore.....or do they???? Doubt it.... :lol:

Poor guy. Probably just got in on the late night flight from St. Louis.

He is a handsome devil. You're lucky, no cardinals out here. I miss them. Their song is a beautiful as their looks.

more sneakin...last spring...buggers built a nest between my a/c cover...they actually moved the cover out of the way for the nest..pics are from eggs....just born.....hungry babies....and the last one was the one baby that would not leave the nest.....just like real kids....always one that hangs around :lol:

Attachments

• eggs.jpg
    eggs.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 320
  • eggs2.jpg
    eggs2.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 321
  • eggs 3.jpg
    eggs 3.jpg
    14.3 KB · Views: 312
  • eggs 4.jpg
    eggs 4.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 342
A few more pictures of our back yard. Notice that this is the Mrs area and I usually stay right out of there and she really goes berserk if I break out the weed whacker. She wants it to look wild where she feeds the birds.

The first picture was taken in late May of 2007. This fawn was born just a few feet from the house.

Fawn-8.jpg

The next two pictures were taken from the house. There is a ridge to our south with some pines and the deer bed there quite often right in sight of the house. They do not seem to be bothered when she goes out to tend the bird feeders as they just lay there and watch.

Fawns-12-28-10b-1.jpg

Fawns-12-28-10a-1.jpg

I feed the birds in the winter Dennis, but now I have to refrain.....black bears have been around......you have got some darn good pics....It's nice not living in the city.....you get to see so much wildlife....had turkey pics too but don't know where they are.....when they come through there are about 50 of those buggerz....

Don't those bears know they should hibernate during the winter months? Maybe you should try to educate them?! That would be interesting for sure.

I know have some turkey pictures and just have to find them. We've had as many as 43 in the yard at one time but not try to scatter them and keep them away. It not a pleasant sight after that many turkeys have been around as you really have to watch your step.

I may try to find some more pictures to post later.

Great pics folks . . . thanks for sharing.

Status
Not open for further replies.