I Stoled This From Another Site- Ethanol Free Gas Stations

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are some NY dealers on the list. Is it ethanol not mandatory in NY?

blel said:
There are some NY dealers on the list. Is it ethanol not mandatory in NY?

Very Illegal! I thought you knew? When you go to these station wear a disguise and enter thru the back door. Code phrase is "Does Your Pecker Hunt".

Awesome link, thanks for the info. I actually see one about 20 min from me.

Interesting side note, I had asked my Stihl dealer about this b/c I had heard there was a station near me that sold ethanol free gas. His reply was "ask them what they use instead". He said he has heard of some places with 100% gas, but he said others have been using methanol instead which is even worse for chainsaws and advertising ethanol free. Again this is all second hand but thought I'd throw it out there.

I happened across a place when I was traveling from PA to Oklahoma over the Christmas holidays. They had ethanol free gas, though I can't remember the name of the place. I was impressed to see this, as I also thought it was mandatory

Status
Not open for further replies.