I sure hope I'm not disappointed! (3 cords, split, stacked, delivered for $400)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

griz7674

Jan 28, 2009
Illinois
I just had an offer of 3 cords of wood, properly seasoned, stack, delivered for $400. I was upfront with him that it must be 4x4x8 tightly stacked. He told me that the tree's had been down for quite sometime and that it was split in early 2009. He told me that he is personally burning this wood and has had zero problems, nor has a few other customers, with it burning very well. I got my fingers crossed that this pans out as I just had my final knee surgery this morning so it will still be a bit before I am back to 100%.

Griz

3 cords 400.00 bucks thats really good price.

Good price even before delivered and stacked.

$400 is a great price but there is a 90% chance you will be disappointed. Here's hoping you are in the 10%!

sound's like one really big tree!

If it's hardwood and a full 3 cords, it's a great deal. Even if it was a live tree cut down and split yesterday.

griz, it depends on what kind of wood it is as to if it is a bargain or not. Hopefully it is a bargain.

Heal quickly.

It sounds like a great deal , to good .
Things that sound to good , probably are .
half price seasoned wood sounds like a christmas miracle . John

Good luck with the knee...And ask him if he'll ship to Boston!

If I lived close enough I'd drive over and take a look at some of it. That's a great price, and I'd pay that without them stacking it.

At that price you might want to considering buying a few years worth...if you have the coin.

Three cord were delivered to my place this last spring for the same price. Cut green, cut to length but dumped for me to stack. Came out to a little over 3.25 cord. white oak, red oak and hickory. Planning on ordering the next load up next year which is 6 cord for $750.

Status
Not open for further replies.