I think I am done burning

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Like I said, I think I am done burning. My heat pump ran last night with temps in the 40's with rain.

I have some bags left and will use up what I have. My guess is that I'll be finished in the next ten days or two weeks, with the stove off completely on a few of those days. Doesn't matter now - we've turned the corner.

i'm out. last 1/8th of a bag is in the hopper and that's all she wrote.

You new englanders have it much worse(or better if you look forward to winter) then me. I can't believe I burned almost 6 tons this year. I made it through the year not running my heat pump for heat at all until mid april. My electric bills have been below 100/month when they were pushing 500/month before the stove.

forya said:
You new englanders have it much worse(or better if you look forward to winter) then me. I can't believe I burned almost 6 tons this year. I made it through the year not running my heat pump for heat at all until mid april. My electric bills have been below 100/month when they were pushing 500/month before the stove.
There was a time I would look forward to our snowy winters, but now that my hair is the color of snow, the only time I like snow is around Christmas. So glad I caught on to burning pellets. What a lot of money I have saved (and we are warmer). Seems like a new hobby that's practical. Wicked good!

save$ said:
forya said:
There was a time I would look forward to our snowy winters, but now that my hair is the color of snow, the only time I like snow is around Christmas. So glad I caught on to burning pellets. What a lot of money I have saved (and we are warmer). Seems like a new hobby that's practical. Wicked good!

I don't mind the snow at all, it is the other stuff that frequently happens at the same time, ice, freezing rain, and cold that I don't need to see.

I'm still burning here in Maine. Christ it keeps getting cold here.

We have the yoyo effect going on. A few days of near 80ºF and then its back to the 50º's again. Started the weekend in a jacket, Now I'm in shorts and tee shirt?

I have 1/2 of a hopper of pellets left. Will burn it if we have some chilly nights. If not, will scoop them out for next year. The weather is crazy....

Finally made it 24 hours without turning the stove on. Hope thats it until October...

Just fired the stove up. At 9:00 this morning it was 42° and by 10:15 it was 30° and snowing. It is now 8:05 pm and it is 19° and still snowing. So far 5.5" for the day. I hope spring gets here soon, as I am down to 6 bags remaining, of the 65 I started the winter with.

Just fired our Quad up last night for the first time in almost a week. Ran from 10 to 5:30 am when I left for work. Just fired it up again tonight. Its 42 degrees according to my Outside Weather Station and dropping fast. Will run until I leave for work at 5:30 am again and hope that my Cleaning on Sunday will be my end of year cleaning. As long as it stays above 50 throughout the night. We are good. Southern facing home, with 9 windows across the front. Lots of Solar Gain. Hope this is it. I have burned almost a half ton of next years stash (9 tons).. Well.... 8.5 tons now. :(

Still burning, especially at night... its only averaging in the lower 50's here and in 30's at night. Probably wont do the big cleaning for another couple weeks yet..

started the stove last nite again. Figured we were done. 41 here this morning. Wife's not happy now unless it's 98 in the damn house UGH

Salty said:
started the stove last nite again. Figured we were done. 41 here this morning. Wife's not happy now unless it's 98 in the damn house UGH

Some guys never learn, you aren't supposed to let them get used to being toasty warm.

Salty said:

Same issue with my wife. Got home from work and it was in the mid-60's outside. Came in the house and my wife had the stove fired up....had to open some windows upstairs to cool it down enough to sleep.

Ran mine the past two nights. I hate being cold
when I have the means to be warm. If I can see
my breath outside then I need heat on inside.
Hoping it warms up soon this is getting old.

Status
Not open for further replies.